Sunday, October 21, 2012

And Then He Wrote Crap at 5am

It's 5am and I just finished work. The joys of shelf stocking :[ To make things more annoying, I have to pick up and drop off two of my work colleagues. Which I dont mind, but it adds an extra 15 minutes each way.

Ok I think I have finally settled on XFCE. It's mostly like Gnome, before Gnome went insane and wanna-be-tablet-interfacey:


To the right are my applications, notifications and the system menu, and two the right is the window list. This is after trying out a Mac OS X like dock panel at the bottom, but I find this interface a better use of the limited space on my Thinkpad's 1366x768 screen. The panels autohide. Neat huh? I like how  a usable linux desktop interface looks exactly the same as when I first used Ubuntu back in 2004. They need some designers. Badly. And talented ones, or you end up with the pure ugly of KDE.

I want to go to bed, but I'm going with a friend at 9am to get his car serviced, and we're going to watch a movie. I bet I'll fall asleep in the cinema :/



No comments:

Post a Comment