Monday, October 8, 2012

And Then He Introduced Himself

Howdy Chirruns!

So I should introduce myself. I'm Me (duh). I had a blog way back, it was good to write about being me (and probably incredibly boring to read) so I decided to do it again. Plus sometimes it's fun to trawl through the interwebs, and find an interesting blog... and infuriating when it ends abruptly - especially if it's been going on for a few years.

I'm 23 and currently studying Psychology. I've kinda wanted to software engineering, but I've never thought my maths was good enough. Then about a month ago (laugh all you want) I had a dream where a random chick basically said to my face that I was doing the wrong degree. I then reapplied through UAC to change to software engineering. I haven't told my parents yet either, I dont think they'll take it badly, but I should probably get some riot get and a fire extinguisher to be on the safe side.

I'm also moving out of my apartment that I've lived in for two years to live with a friend. He's getting a puppy (maybe a doberman) so I get cheap rent in exchange for helping look after a puppy (he works full time)

And I'm starting a diet. Not that I'm particularly fat, just ever so slightly chubby and it annoys me.

That's that's my currently situation in a nutshell. Three years of Psychology, I'm throwing away a decent GPA and friends in the course I've made, all because some chick in a dream told me to. In a strange way, I feel kinda relieved that I'm going to do what I've wanted to do for a long time. And moving house. And looking after a puppy. And dieting.

I hate moving. Especially if you live alone.
When I first came here, I had all my stuff in my faithful corolla. It all fitted. I could move from sharehouse to sharehouse at my leisure. Easy. Then I moved into an apartment by myself, and I've accumulated a frightful amount of shit. Sofas, table, coffee table, tv, tv cabinet, bed desks drawers etc etc etc, not to mention an entire kitchen full of stuff (I like to cook). I moved once since i've lived alone, and it was one of those rare things in life (along side getting teeth pulled out) that are exactly as stressful, time consuming and unpleasant as everyone says. I had four friends help me, but it still sucked big time.

This blog post is also helping me procrastinate from my Psyc2600 assignment. I liked Psyc2600, I got 89 on the first lab report. Then we got Lecturer #2, who was responsible for Lab Report #2.. I was warned he was "laid back". People apparently confuse "laid back" with "fucking lazy" - he didnt' show up to one of the lectures, had his lecture notes made for him by another lecturer, didn't bother to record the lectures he did give, and his guidelines for this lab report are a joke. The question of the lab report is "You are to write a lab report from the perspective of this study being run as a test of the independent nature of the theoretical constructs that make up the Five Factor model". What the fuck does that even mean.  He then MADE UP some correlations for us. And he literally cut and pasted half the the very scant requirements from elsewhere, infact there is a line, on the "requirements for the Lab Report" that actually says "Please see requirements for the lab report document" ON the SAME THING. Not to mention there is no marking criteria, he basically said "refer to the criteria for lab report 1". Lazy.

I can't wait until I'm all nostalgic about it because it was my last ever Psyc lab report. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment