Thursday, January 17, 2013

And Then He Was Home


So after avoiding going home for two years, I am now back on the south coast.
I avoid going home because:

1) My Aunt and cousins who I can't stand live here, and being here usually means the obligatory visit and false happy faces and gushiness that comes with that.
2) It's boring. My high school friends moved away long ago. There's nothing to do. It's a small coastal town
3) It's expensive to get down here, a V6 camry isn't the most economical car to run, especially for 500 kms. Not to mention how boring it is to be in a car for hours on end.

On the plus side, it's good to see my family. But after a week I've had enough.

Yesterday at 9pm, UAC released their offers:



Tadaa. I'm no longer a psychology student, but officially an engineering one. I think I've finally settled on getting a Mac laptop and then a linux/windows desktop. I was nearly sold on the Thinkpad X1 carbon as my laptop, but when I added some upgrades that didn't make it horribly slow, it ended up at the same price as a Macbook Pro Retina. Dun doww, guess which one most people would rather have? So I'll get that, and some sort of barebones i7 thing off eBay, which I'll add better parts to as I can afford them. Starting with dual monitors >=D
And besides, the Macbook Pro Retina has dual thunderbolt which means it too can take advantage of the dual monitors.

Anyway, I should go buy my textbooks off fishpond.com.au now or something ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment