Friday, December 28, 2012

And Then He Walked Navicular


I know all dogs are different, and Navicular is pretty smart, but god damn it's difficult to teach him to walk on the leash. It's probably exaccerbated by the fact that he's 7 months old and is excited by absolutely everything, and to his credit he's been easy to teach to shake, sit, roll over and OFF!, but he doesn't get the leash walking at all. I've tried changing directions as soon as he pulls, yanking him back when he pulls, refusing to move if he pulls, more kinds of treats than you can poke a stick at, and even jogging with him. He doesn't get it at all -_-

In other news, I'm still settling into my new place. It's the first time I've lived with another person for over two years and It's going fine. I guess I gotta remember the last people I've lived with were fucking crazy. I'm still in "Extended Guest Mode" though, so it might be a few months before I actually feel like I live here. Extended Guest Mode for all those who dont know;

- You still ask to touch/do anything in the house

- You try to be super quiet at all times

- You ask where your housemate has been if he leaves the house and comes back without telling you

- You clean anything within 30 minutes of making a mess. This is in stark contrast to when I lived alone, trust me

- You're scared to spend more than 7 minutes in the shower

- You resist the urge to eat housemate's food, even if he says it's fine

- You freak out if you spill something on the carpet

- You try to ask permission before having anyone over/visit

I've also definitely decided I will get a Thinkpad X1 carbon when I have the money, and I will throw Xubuntu onto it and it will be my Uni software development machine. I like my thinkpad Edge a lot, but it's too heavy, and the paint is starting to flake off the lid. And it literally has the worst display I have ever seen in a notebook, to the point where I would not have bought the computer if I had seen the display before hand. Besides software engineering is a pissing contest ;)

This leaves me with no windows machine anymore, unless I install windows on this machine, assuming I dont give it away. I might. But to be honest windows has never excited me much. When I used the beta 2 of Windows Vista, after being bugged and annoyed by constant moronic dialogues (Allow msconfig to run? Why yes I'd like it to run because I JUST TYPED IT INTO THE RUN DIALOGUE BOX DIDN'T I?) and it crashing on my very ancient P4 2.8 Ghz box because it had driver issues (driver issues pretty much mean a system crash at random unpredictable moments) I bought my Macbook pro in 2006, and my iMac in 2009, my Thinkpad was kinda a stop gap because I didn't own a decent laptop last year which I needed for Uni (The Macbook Pro's hdd was toast by then, and I couldn't be bothered fixing it) so I used windows on it for about 9 months, and windows just has zero appeal to me.

Anyway I'd better go jog now

No comments:

Post a Comment