Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And Then He Found a GTK3 Version of ClearLooks

Ok after about three months, I now have my Xubuntu desktop set up how I want. I'm surprised that I haven't nuked the install yet - but the fact that most development tools run on it, plus the wonderful terminal means it's sticking around:


I had to find a version of Clearlooks that was ported to GTK 3 though, seeing as the Gnome developers apparently went insane after the release of Gnome 3 and decided to not port any of the existing themes. I think most Linux desktop environment themes are just gross, Clearlooks is the only one I can stomach. Then I adjusted the window borders to something.. I can't remember what.. it's on XFCE look though (I think it's called axe), turned on display compositing, and changed the font to URW Gothic, because the default font is difficult to read which a lot of anti aliasing (and my Thinkpad has a whopping 1366x768 stretched across 14" of goodness. hot hey?)

The result as my mate pointed out, looks like a strange version of OS X. Which is probably true seeing as I've had a mac as my main machine since 2006 ;-]

No comments:

Post a Comment